11/17/2011

Listening to a professional blogger: Lori's speaking !

On Wednesday, we met Lori, a Dr. G's friend but also a professional (and talented) blogger. I don't know for you guys, but I found her blog (Mommy Friend) very interesting and amazing !

So, what did I learn this day ??



First of all, regarding the blog, she made me "believe" than there is an interest in having and managing a blog, because I was really not a big fan of blogging. But I learned that when you find something that really passions you and that you want to share it with others and build your community around this passion, well, a blog is the perfect way to go !

She also told us about how we could use the other social media tools and she explained it in professional terms. She told us, for example, how she was using Twitter for her blog, so as a professional. And what I learned there it's that Twitter, in my opinion, is more effective from a professional point of view than from a private one. So, for me, Twitter is still an abstract tool if I have to use it just for myself.

Well, I really encourage you to take a look to her blog even if you don't have kids or even if you're a man ! :)

See you soon guys and have a good Thanksgiving in advance !!

Anne So

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. Before hearing her talk about blogging I didn't realize there were so many resources to promote your blog. And writing about something you actually like or know about really does make the whole experience easier.